0xC0ffee’s primary goal is to build the infosec community in Gauteng and South Africa. South Africa is naturally culturally diverse, and we’re committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or religion.
In pursuit of this goal, we’ve laid out the following rules for our authors and audience.
When you come to the site, we ask that you:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of our community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your comments and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
On the other hand, generally offensive behaviour is unwelcome and unacceptable. Particularly:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, trans-phobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualised comments or jokes; inappropriate images, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Please alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential. In short, be interested, be courteous, and make sure your criticism is constructive. We’re all here to learn from each other.